Paradise Restaurant-Colaba, Mumbai

 I was quite elated to have visited this authentic Parsi family run restaurant at Colaba Causeway, Mumbai.

 A very good online Mumbaikar buddy of mine recommended this cute little fifty five year old restaurant to me when I asked her what I should not miss while in South Mumbai. She's always honest with her food reccos and reviews.
 Let the pictures walk you through. No Oomph factor at all...An old lil almost heritage kinda place that you wouldn't want to see disappear years from now.


 Although a leather bound book greets you  via a skinny waiter, most of the choices are not available and finally we just went with the owner's recco and what was available for lunch that afternoon.

And of course I had to have my vegetarian version of whatever was there at the restaurant. We were the only ones that afternoon. I guess the place has lost its old charm with all the new kids on the bloc.

For newbies like us, we were happy with what we had as we were terribly hungry.







 A vegetable Dhansak was brought in on my request and a veg rice to accompany it was what I had. It was tasty and quite like how are old grandmothers would put together. The brown colour in the rice is from the caramelised onions.
 My companion had some mutton rice/pulao.
 A Raspberry drink, the brand which would be as ancient as the hotel kept our thirst at bay and was indeed an interesting drink.


 The Laganu Custard dessert which was very eggy in flavour was the recommended dessert. I personally feel that was the only thing they had on the shelf.
 It looked so inviting! I wasn't too happy with the eggy flavour concocted with our everyday easily available ingredients on the shelf-flour, milk, nuts and eggs.

 Anyway was happy to have tasted Parsi food-a blend of Persian and Gujarathi cuisine handed down through generations.
 The owner is seated as the cashier-friendly young man I must admit!
 Very old school kind of ambiance hence nothing to lure the youth but for the traditional food.
 A meal for two with the few dishes that we ordered was around 1000 Rupees.
Parsi Cuisine-Done!!!


Comments

  1. Fantastic paradise restaurant colaba recipe, really enjoyed the taste its really very nice. I recommend it for everyone to try once its a very amazing.

    Aavin Ghee Online

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts