Durga Puja Food & Festivities-Bengal Association, Chennai

A hop, skip and a jump and we are at the Bengal Association in T-Nagar. The visit was like a nice, long walk from home.
 It's happening since the 19th of October until the 22nd of this month at various other venues in Chennai as well.

This place, in T-Nagar is well lit beckoning one and all, right across the main road Thirumalai Pillai Road also known as T. P Road (Diagonally opposite to the Surya Sweets & Greens on T.P Road.

For me visiting and strolling through was more of quelling a genuine interest and keenness to understand the pulse of the Bengali Community and the food they cook and share.

I am not the best person to talk about the event so I will let my pictures talk or give you a pulse of the moment. The weather is certainly playing spoilsport with excessive sweating and discomfiture while moving about. Even the people serving at the counters look tired and drained in this bad heat!

I am positive both devotees and members are pouring in even after we left the venue. We have some busy schedules planned out on a personal front hence left with a pack of rolls.

All the sweets and ice golas were too tempting for me, but I successfully resisted that temptation owing to my bad throat and asthma.



Oh how tempted I was!!! But for those cold ice shavings!!!





The Chicken Lollipops

Rectangular ones are the fish cutlets


Diamond shaped Chicken cutlets











Egg Chicken rolls-Work in progress







The worship happening. I managed to get this glimpse and picture.



Am positive this is a welcome relief for many of the Bengalis based in Chennai far away from their home state and also a nostalgic trip down memory lane with the sights and sounds of their food/street food.

We had a quick tour of the place and left with our food packs. I do hope this would help many others to go there to the various other venues nearer to their homes before the mela winds down in tune with immersing of the idols.

Kudos to the crowd pulling event! Please excuse the poor quality of pictures taken in haste with my cell phone in the midst of our walk.

 

Comments

Popular Posts