Potato Bites


It was stuffed parathas at home today and I did keep aside two potatoes to do this cute dish. I had a few grapes at home and I thought I would try to do something fancy with the grapes and potatoes as a combo.

Two potatoes were boiled, diced and set aside. In a sauce pan, added a tbsp. of oil to which a tsp. of mustard seeds were added. Once they spluttered, added a tsp. of cumin seeds, finely chopped onions and green chilies tossed them about.
 As the onions started to brown, I threw in some finely chopped ginger and garlic. I added a tsp. of turmeric, cumin powder, pepper powder and tossed them all about until the spices have blended in well. I also added a tbsp. of egg curry masala powder and stirred them about. Adequate salt was added in tune with the amount of diced potatoes to be thrown in soon.

The diced potatoes that were set aside were added to this blend of spices and stirred well. Check if the spices were uniform, Then finely chopped cilantro was added to make a pretty picture. This dish could be used on its own as a side for a bowl of white rice/curd rice. One could also use it as a starter like how I have done here. I have skewered them individually on toothpicks along with a grape. Tastes yummy and looks very presentable as well. Do enjoy with other fruits as well.

Comments

Popular Posts