Apple Streusel Muffins

 Sorry about this delay in posting the recipe that I had promised my readers on my closed Facebook page. I needed that nudge today from a member asking me about this. So once again my apologies and gratitude for being so patient.

This was actually a part of the home work assigned to me by my friend and guide Subhashini Ramsingh of Fondbites when I had done a private session of baking and learning how to play around with fondant with her. She gave me a couple of home works of which I did one or two and this would be my third, so I would call it her recipe and am I so grateful to her.

I just loved doing this very simple bake more because I was doing it for a family doctor. I just thought he deserved it and I truly loved his expression when I surprised him with this bake. I mean the guy is serious and one dosen't suddenly surprise serious people with treats :) I love his English accent!

So with your oven preheated to 175 degrees Celsius,line up your muffin tin with paper liners or butter and flour the cavities.

Stir together 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup of sugar, 1/2 a tsp. of salt , two tsps. of baking powder and a tsp. of cinnamon powder.

Mix in an egg, 1/3 cup of oil and 1/3 cup of milk. Fold in a chopped/diced/grated apple. Give it all a nice stir and with the batter totally incorporated with all the ingredients, spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups filling it to 3/4 of the liner or the muffin cavity.

For the Streusel-crumb topping over the muffins-mix together five tbsps. of butter, half a cup of sugar, half a cup of flour and a quarter tsp. of salt. Use your hands or a balloon whisk to mix them all well. Mix into this crumb a quarter cup of chopped walnuts.

Top the batter that you poured into individual liners with this prepared streusel and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or till a toothpick when inserted into the centre of the muffin comes out clean.

To be enjoyed as a part of your breakfast spread or as a tea time snack.

http://www.fondbites.com/ that's my wonderful friend's blog. She also has a beautiful and friendly bake along group as an extension to her blog to help many of us to learn and bake along with her sharing what we have learnt from her online.

 

Comments

Popular Posts