Aval Filled Pazham Pori

 This is one of my weirdest and most daring attempts on giving the run of the mill Pazham Pori a facelift.
Changes are good-so I wanted to be the change! am not sure if this is a delicacy of any place but for me it was an interesting taste!

Made a batter with all purpose flour, a little salt, a little corn flour,a tsp of caraway seeds and water. The batter was medium thick so that it would coat my aval combined fruit.

Took a handful of Aval or beaten Matta rice and toasted them and once it cooled I wet the aval with some warm jaggery water and set aside. Added some ghee fried cashews/ raisins and a little bit of cardamon powder to your choice. You could also add grated coconut( I didn't) to the cooled aval mix. Mash a ripe Nenthrakaa/ethapazham/ethakya and combine it well with this jaggery coated aval-cashew-coconut mix. Prepare small balls with this.
 So now you have balls of aval combined with your mashed ripe ethakya. This is your stuffing! Lightly dust or roll each of these balls in some flour so as to seal the balls while frying them later on. Dip these balls into the thick batter that your made earlier and fry them in hot oil.
Let the fried aval balls drain on absorbent paper, cool and then serve them. If you desire you could serve them with a garnish of dessicated coconut or some lightly dusted icing sugar over them.
Enjoy!
You can make your batter sweeter by adding a tbsp or more of sugar. I avoided that as I knew my banana was ripe and also I had used jaggery coated aval to give it the mild sweetness.

Comments

Popular Posts