Stir Fried Bok Choy

 Wow! It's already the end of January...I have no clue how fast it went...almost bulldozed through. Kept myself as usual occupied with the kids I tutor, my FB page and of course pampering my husband with all my experiments in the kitchen.

It had been an overwhelming period in my life and FB has taught me so many things-It's truly a positive or a negative catalyst depending on how one looks at it. It is such a farce world...if I scratch your back, the other scratches mine ; if you stop liking somebody's post for a short while ( I experimented with this quite a lot-after all I majored in Psychology) you will see how they stop reacting to yours...It's been such a journey where I could hardly count of my fingers who were truly genuine with their affection towards you. Bumped into many friends who live in a farce world and make empty promises to you...to somebody like me who respects time, money and value friendships or relationships, the latest revelations the past year were a jolt for me...

 If you speak your mind through action or deed honestly because you feel you have been misunderstood or you know you are right (not being self-righteous here!) Yup, you lose a friend or a relative in the long run. There have been times when every word, picture or status I put up had been under the microscope...In the midst of all this I challenged myself to not let others pull me down and whipped up loads of bakes (Thanks to all the weekly challenges on a Baking group that I am a part of) and food but never really got around to scribbling down the recipes.

Managed to rearrange and organize stuff on my desktop and that got me thinking...Sheesh! pics of loads of food, pending recipes...So here is one such recipe that I truly enjoyd making-hardly eight minutes to the final dish!!!
I was so elated to find this nice bunch of Bok Choy or Chinese Cabbage the other day at my green grocer's. It's rare to find it here. Grabbed the lone fellow and came home to wash them thoroughly. Took out my wok and into it a table spoon of coconut oil( you can use peanut oil)went in and then into it went a tbsp. of chilly vinegar, a tsp. of soy sauce, a tbsp. of sweet and sour tomato paste and drizzled in honey to your liking.
 As the caramelisation takes place, I threw in my washed and bok choy leaves, split baby corns and sliced red bell peppers. I did add in some finely sliced garlic.
 All this is done on a high flame and as the Bok Choy wilts and cooks, add in a tbsp. of sesame oil and adequate salt. Toss them all about so that there is even coating of the sauces, taste for salt, do not add excess. Turn off the flame and garnish with a few toasted sesame seeds and juliennes of ginger.
 To this you can add your cooked chicken pieces/fish/ tofu. I have used a few grilled and diced tofu that I had made earlier. It gave the dish a nice finish and a nice crunch. I didn't have peanuts otherwise you can toss in a few lightly toasted peanuts as well! Sprinkle some chilly flakes if you desire.
I do hope I will get more bunches of Bok Choy the next time I go to this green grocer's...as for my rants regarding FB, as you read it, you will feel the same, it is not my story alone!...it is truly the survival of the fittest and the Cleverest! and all the superlatives that go with it...

Be tuned for more vegetarian stuff in the following posts!!

Comments

Popular Posts