Pad Thai-Rice Noodles with Sausages

Not been my usual energetic self-mild fever,body pain and the heat is working against me. Wanted to concoct something simple yet healthy and colourful. Came across the Pad Thai packet I had bought a while ago, soaked the rice noodles in cold water for around ten minutes. Later took it and then drained all the excess water.

In a wok on a high flame, added in oil and in went my shredded ginger and garlic and as the fragrant aroma fills the air, I added all the shredded or thinly sliced veggies of choice-like purple and green cabbage, carrots, beans, capsicum. If you have bean sprouts,do add it, it adds to the beauty of the dish, but I didn't have :( As the veggies soften, add in the Pad Thai sauce(store-bought) I got the Real Thai brand so it was enough to give the taste of the Pad Thai.
I have used two scrambled eggs as well in the dish.
Add in adequate salt and fried/cooked/boiled sausages. Toss them all about in your wok. Slide in the drained Rice Noodles and toss them again and squeeze in sufficient lime juice, add in spring onions and nicely crushed peanuts as a garnish over the Pad Thai. Serve it fresh. If one has fresh prawns/shrimps that could replace the sausages.

I have done an earlier post as well on Pad Thai(with shrimps on 16 Sept,2012) so do browse through that as well.
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts