Raspberry Jelly With Ragi Vermicelli Payasam

We are not "dessert people" at our home.
We would rather have some fresh fruits but I love ogling at anybody's dessert recipes and I could go on a dessert safari just getting my fill ogling at pics.

The other day I got a free pack of jelly along with something that I bought, thought I would do a combo with it. Did wonder what I could do, thought about custard but felt it a bit cumbersome...then I remembered I had some Ragi vermicelli, so I made a very tiny amount of Payasam with it.

Ragi or Finger millet is an acquired taste but definitely very healthy. In a saucepan with a tsp. of ghee drizzled in, I lightly sauteed the ragi strands. Later added some milk(one's desired amount) and allowed the ragi vermicelli to cook in it. Once cooked, I added in two to three tsps. of sugar and stirred it well and switched off the stove. Threw in a garnish of cashews and raisins fried in a bit if ghee. Set aside! Ensure that it is not too sweet as the Jelly would also be sweet so adjust accordingly.

Prepare your jelly as per the instructions given on the store bought pack.

Once the jelly sets in your desired mould, serve it with a bit of vermicelli over it and have. I have used a Raspberry flavour jelly.

It is a strange combo and the ragi may taste grainy unlike the usual vemicelli, remember this is made from a very healthy millet.
Do enjoy! I did! had one helping. Will have more later!

Custard, Jelly and fruits are an excellent combo as well, quite common though! Do try this combo! It's health in a plate!

Comments

Popular Posts