Gearing Up For the Oscars



Well with the oscars over and all the awards having been declared...I am so apologetic for this late post. I had posted it on my FB page(The Inconsistent Chef) with the recipes prior to the oscars, but forgot to post them on my blog owing to personal work overload :( sorry for that delay!
Well these are a few quick bites that one could prepare in advance while watching such programmes or when you have unexpected guests at home and you run out of ideas...hopefully you do not run out of these ingredients

Martini Glass 1.(L to R) has diced ripe mangoes combined with a finely chopped green chilly along with hand snapped crisps( I have used the Indian Murukku) and finely chopped scallions/spring onions. Can garnish with chilly flakes. No additional salt required as most of the crisps have salt in them. The crisps should go in just before serving otherwise they tend to lose the crispness.

The next glass has a small bite size piece of watermelon wedge, grilled cottage cheese(paneer) and an olive forked together with a few snapped/ broken chicken nuggets.Garnish with cilantro and squeeze some lime over it.

The next glass has a lot of finely chopped fresh veggies tossed about with peanuts and almonds,a dash of lime and fresh lemon pepper powder over as garnish. I have added diced red apples and pomegranate seeds as well!




This is my husband's famous tomato rasam(the recipe I have already written in an earlier post-husband's tomato rasam)

I have just skewered a grilled paneer, olive and a focaccia (cubed/croutons) for dipping into this piping hot rasam(almost like a soup).

A handful of noodles(any flavour) along with a nice and spicy piece of boneless chicken in the centre, garnished with pickled Jalapenos and chilly flakes. Squeeze lime over it!
Enjoy the oscars or the repitition! Take Care! Ta! Ta!  

I was completely seduced!                           

Comments

Popular Posts