My three tier Stringhoppers/Idiyappams

Zzzzzzzz...sleepy guys! will update the recipe tomorrow...oops it is tmr already! :( but a few hours from tomorrow, I will see you...

Update -I've taken rice flour and added adequate salt and hot water to make it into a pliable dough. Divided the dough into three parts for the three different colours-plain dough,red dough and green dough.

The Red dough was made by mixing in some spicy Andhra masala along with my red chutney which I have mentioned in two earlier posts done with dosas. Knead it well  and keep it aside. For the green dough, I have added in processed florets(four or five) of broccoli,green chilly and cilantro and kneaded that as well. As there is salt in the rice flour I did not add any, but do add if you feel that it requires more.

By viewing the pics above , you will know what I mean. Now this dough, can be filled tinto separate Idiyappam extruders or patiently with the same tool by layering it one above the other. Steam it and heat it hot with any curry of your choice that goes well with String hoppers. I have just made a crunchy mixture after sauteing some onions, green bell peppers,salt and tomatoes along with some spicy condiment of choice, then put it into the food processor and pulse it. Squuze in a little lime for a tangy flavour. Serve the Idiyappams in a bed of this curry. Do not make it runny or like a paste.

For a garnish and presentation, I just sprinkled some dry prawn sambol over the dish. This is optional, vegans can avoid this totally ! :) The recipe is included in one of my earlier posts on dry,prawn sambol.

Please enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts