Lemony-Chocolaty cupcakes-not baked



I have lined the cupcake tray with cupcake liners first. Then I have crushed the digestive tea biscuits in my food processor and poured some melted, unsalted butter over it and mixed it well to give a coarse mixture and spooned it tightly into each cupcake liner. Placed it in the fridge to be chilled.Melted dark chocolate over a double boiler along with some butter to give this glossy effect, once the tea biscuit mix seemed set, I poured this chocolaty mix above the biscuit mix as shown in the pic. Kept that as well in the fridge to set.

Took around four to five egg whites, my eggs were small so I had to use nearly six and whisked it with an electric beater/whisk to form peaks, do add in icing sugar/castor sugar steadily till they start to look almost set just by whisking. I did add some lime juice and the rind of a lime while doing so as to get a lemony flavour.
This entire tier can be avoided, you can just maintain the biscuit-chocolate tiers and then put in some whipping cream after they all set and are chilled. I felt like giving it a lemony tinge, hence did it...but was not very happy with the taste altough my lil one enjoyed it the most and left the tray nearly empty in two days :) he gobbled most of the cupcakes on his own.
Decorated it with a few quarters of an orange and a lime as shown in the pic.

Comments

  1. its almost like a meringue cake...i made one too!!! this is very creative!! u shud release a book!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts